Rashford, Dembélé and Mbappé are among the 2017 Golden Boy contenders.
The annual award of the Golden boy in football, run by the Italian newspaper Tuttosport, has announced the 25 contenders in the race for the 2017 Golden Boy award, which covers Europe’s most impressive youngsters under the age of 21.
The prize was founded back in 2003 and refers to the performance of all players across a calendar year and not a season. The winner is decided by a jury of 30 journalists, who submit their votes with an equal power to decide the winner.
Among the favourites for this year’s edition are Kylian Mbappé, who joined Paris Saint-Germain after an outstanding season with Ligue 1 champions AS Monaco, and Ousmane Dembélé, who impressed with the shirt of Borussia Dortmund before sealing a move to La Liga giants Barcelona.
However, another strong contender will be Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford, who has proven on numerous occasions that he can step up to the plate if he is given the chance to.
The full list of nominees can be found below:
- Aarón Martin – Espanyol
- Jean-Kévin Augustin – RB Leipzig
- Rodrigo Bentacur – Juventus
- Steven Bergwijn – PSV Eindhoven
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin – Everton
- Federico Chiesa – Fiorentina
- Ousmane Dembélé – Barcelona
- Amadou Diawara – Napoli
- Kasper Dolberg – Ajax
- Gianluigi Donnarumma – Milan
- Gabriel Jesus – Manchester City
- Joe Gomez – Liverpool
- Benjamin Henrichs – Bayer Leverkusen
- Borja Mayoral – Real Madrid
- Kylian Mbappé – Paris Saint-Germain
- Emre Mor – Celta Vigo
- Reece Oxford – Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Christian Pulisic – Borussia Dortmund
- Marcus Rashford – Manchester United
- Allan Saint-Maximim – Nice
- Dominic Solanke – Liverpool
- Theo Hernández – Real Madrid
- Youri Tielemans – Monaco
- Enes Unal Villarreal
- Kyle Walker-Peters – Tottenham