FIFA’s governing body says it didn’t find sufficient evidence that any player in Russian World Cup squad have previously doped.
This is coming after the governing body has been assessed information from the World Anti-Doping Agency, including samples recovered from the Moscow lab, and information from its former director Grigory Rodchenkov in search of evidence players among the squad who previously doped.
Last week, Russia named a provisional 28-man squad, plus seven reserves for the World Cup, which kicks off in Moscow on June 14.
But after investigating the players, FIFA says ”insufficient evidence was found to assert an anti-doping rule violation. FIFA has informed the World Anti-Doping Agency of its conclusions, and WADA, in turn, has agreed with FIFA’s decision to close the cases” according to Foxsports. However, FIFA did not provide information on the status of investigations into players who are not in the World Cup squad.