Ernesto Valverde
LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 02: Ernesto Valverde, Manager of Barcelona looks on during a press conference prior to the UEFA Champions League Group B match between Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona at Wembley Stadium on October 2, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)

Having scored four times away at Levante in 2017-18, Ernesto Valverde’s side was defeated  5-4, however, Barca was prepared this season as they didn’t want a repeat of that last Sunday night.

Barca thrashed Levante 5-0 with a hat-trick from Lionel Messi and a contribution from Suarez.

Lionel Messi bagged three goals for his side and assisted with two goals.

“We are happy because last year we played here and conceded five after a whole season without losing,” Valverde said at his post-match press conference via Marca.

“That was only a few months ago, they are having a great season and they keep showing that.

Mendieta says Solari needs to keep faith in Vinicius

The 18-year-old will feature today at Los Merengues attack, as the team takes on Leganes in the Copa del Rey tournament. Real Madrid and Leganes...

“We remembered last year and we managed to put it behind us and leave with a clean sheet.”

“They started as we imagined,” he said.

“We had to change the setup based on the casualties we had so it was difficult for us and they squeezed us.

“They’re able to score and dangerous when they counterattack but we had the fortune of opening the score.”