Piero Ausilio, the Inter Milan sporting director, spoke about his side’s possible arrivals – he admitted that they are interested in getting Javier Pastore but they will not complete Sturridge’s move.
Daniel Sturridge hasn’t played so much this season despite being healthy and fit for the majority of it – his coach, Jürgen Klopp, insisted that he can’t guarantee enough playing time for him but the Englishman won’t leave to Inter. However, Javier Pastore is close to leaving PSG and Inter can be his next destination…
Piero Ausilio spoke about his side’s expected winter transfers and he admitted that Pastore is an option, according to Goal.
– Of course, we are pleased and proud that a player like Pastore sees Inter as an opportunity.
– I can confirm there has always been a certain ‘feeling’ between Inter and Pastore. That said, there’s still a lot to evaluate between us and his club Paris Saint-Germain. When we pick a player, we pick him because we’re convinced about his importance for our project, he added.
– People forget that Inter already have a strong squad and have brought in Lisandro Lopez and Rafinha this month. We’ll evaluate with the coach [Luciano Spalletti] and see if there is the need or possibility of adding another player.
– The moment we choose a player, regardless of his name, we do it thinking he is the right one for the technical project. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be here wasting time on transfers.
– Coming to Inter doesn’t mean being guaranteed a starting spot because there is a strong squad and places must be earned day by day in training, but there are guarantees of a strong project and ambition.
– I don’t feel that I should cancel anyone from the list of possibilities, but in terms of the attack, we have the players we are content with and can go forward like this, Ausilio claimed in the end.