Philippe Coutinho’s agent has denied rumours suggesting Antoine Griezmann will replace the Brazilian at Barcelona next season.
Coutinho has struggled to live up to the €160m that Barcelona forked out to sign him from Liverpool in January 2018.
The 26-year-old playmaker has been unable to cement a spot in the Barcelona line-up, which has prompted talk of a return to the Premier League at either old club Liverpool or Manchester United.
Coutinho, in fact, has only managed to provide five goals and two assists in 34 La Liga games this season. Furthermore, 12 of those appearances came from the bench.
The Brazil international’s relationship with the Barcelona supporters has also broken down following his controversial goal celebration during the club’s 3-0 Champions League win over Manchester United last month.
But, since Griezmann finally confirmed he will leave Atletico Madrid in the summer on Tuesday, Coutinho’s future at Camp Nou has been thrown into even further doubt.
Although the former Liverpool star’s agent, Andrea Bertolucci, has denied Griezmann’s potential arrival at Barcelona will hinder his client.
“It’s untrue that Griezmann is going to replace Philippe at Barcelona,” Bertolucci told AS.
“I don’t know why they are saying that. I don’t know about that and that’s why I don’t want to talk anymore, but it’s false.”
Despite being contracted at Barcelona until June 2023, Coutinho had confessed in March that he remains uncertain over his long-term future.
“In the last few weeks, months even, I’ve not been playing well but I still want to improve,” said Coutinho.
“I came to Barcelona to give my best. I live for the moment. You never know what the future holds.”
Barcelona will play SD Eibar away on Sunday for their final La Liga game of the season.