Allegri insists Ronaldo is calm despite DNA sample request

Ronaldo
BERGAMO, ITALY - DECEMBER 26: Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus controls the ball during the Serie A match between Atalanta BC and Juventus at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia on December 26, 2018 in Bergamo, Italy. (Photo by Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images)

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri announced that Cristiano Ronaldo remains untroubled, despite reports of the Las Vegas police requesting a DNA sample for the ongoing rape investigation

Ex-American model Kathryn Mayorga has publicly accused Ronaldo of raping her in a Vegas hotel suite back in 2009.

The Portuguese forward has vigorously denied these accusations on a number of occasions now and recently revealed he’s certain his name will be cleared soon.

But Ms Mayorga stands by her claims and added that she had signed a settlement of $375,000 from Ronaldo in 2010 in order to buy her silence.

Ronaldo’s lawyer Peter Christiansen confirmed that a payment had been made, but added that some of the documents that were presented to Vegas police were “stolen” and “completely fabricated”.

Latest reports from The Wall Street Journal announced that Vegas police had asked for a sample of Ronaldo’s DNA on Thursday.

Despite this revelation, however, Allegri insists Ronaldo is remaining calm as he prepares to return to action for Juventus.

“It’s his personal question, I talk about football,” said Allegri, according to FourFourTwo.

Arsenal director explains why Ramsey didn’t get a new contract

Head of football Raul Sanllehi revealed why Arsenal had to go against offering Juventus-bound Aaron Ramsey a new contract.

“I can tell you that I saw him very serene, he is training well. It has been a very tight four months, now we need to work to play better in the 36 potential games we have left.

“I see Cristiano peaceful and calm, I go on that. For the rest, it is not for me to answer because they are private affairs.”

The Italian confirmed Ronaldo will play in Juventus’ Coppa Italia clash with Bologna on Saturday, but added he will carefully manage the 33-year-old’s minutes for the remainder of this season.

“Until now, he has never gone to the national team [while at Juve],” Allegri said.

“The six games that he spared with Portugal he has then played them in the league with us, so he played more or less the same matches last year.

“As we move forward, I will manage the condition of all in order to try to arrive at the end of all the objectives well. He [Ronaldo] will play on Saturday, but let’s see how and when.”

The Bologna and Juventus game will begin at 20:45 (CET) on Saturday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here