The Juventus manager and vice-president offered updates on Cristiano Ronaldo’s situation after Saturday’s friendly against Monza.
Massimiliano Allegri has assured that Cristiano Ronaldo is happy at Juventus, and Pavel Nedved has again reiterated the club’s star player is going nowhere.
Despite Ronaldo returning to training last week, rumors remain rife over his future. The forward is out of contract at Juventus next summer and is yet to make his plans public knowledge.
He also missed Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Monza to continue his fitness training as Juventus claimed a 2-1 victory over the Serie B side to win the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy.
“Ronaldo returned [to Juventus] with great enthusiasm, like everyone else,” Allegri told Sport Mediaset after the match.
On Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala’s absences against Monza, the Juventus boss added: “They’re fine. Dybala suffered from fatigue, recovered well, and is back with the team on Monday. He will be available with Barcelona.”
Filippo Ranocchia and Dejan Kulusevski were on target before the hour-mark to hand Juventus a two-goal lead on Saturday. Marco D’Alessandro scored a late goal for Monza, but Allegri’s men held on for a narrow win.
Nedved, meanwhile, again clarified that the Bianconeri are counting on Ronaldo and his many goals for the new season.
“Ronaldo is our player,” the club’s vice-president told Sport Mediaset.
“He has a year left on his contract, and we are happy to have him with us. He guaranteed goals every year, and a lot of them too. He’s a top-level player and we are counting on him.”