Our betting experts at Ronaldo.com preview the Premier League round 15 game between Aston Villa and Manchester United and offer team news, fixture history and the best betting suggestions for the match.
The Premier League tie at Villa Park on Sunday sees home team Aston Villa up against Manchester United. With 3 defeats from their last 6 games across all tournaments, the mood around the Aston Villa camp could probably be a lot better. They need to up their game or prepare for more disappointment when facing Manchester United on home soil.
Position in the Premier League standings: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
The current standings in the Premier League show us how Aston Villa and Manchester United have performed this season so far. Surely, an exciting battle for three points is on the cards in this round 15 clash on Sunday.
Latest form and fixture history of Aston Villa against Manchester United
Aston Villa in serious trouble
Aston Villa go into this encounter hoping to turn a page, as performances in recent matches have been pretty scrappy. Aston Villa are currently performing inconsistently, as they lost against Fulham by a 3-0 score, before winning 4-0 against Brentford. They lost again in their most recent match, this time 4-0 against Newcastle.
Manchester United continue to collect points
Manchester United will be out to extend their fine run of results lately. Manchester United look fabulous with three wins on the trot, starting off against FC Sheriff, who were defeated by 3-0. Then, West Ham got outclassed in a 1-0 won, before beating Real Sociedad by 0-1.
Latest games between Aston Villa and Manchester United
The two clubs have played against each twice this year. Manchester United claimed one win and a draw in this run of games. They first beat Aston Villa 1-0 in the FA on January 10 and then drew 2-2 with Unai Emery’s side on January 15.
Aston Villa vs Manchester United Stats
Here are some facts that might be useful for placing bets on the upcoming game between Aston Villa and Manchester United. The facts are based on statistics from the last couple of matches that these teams played across all tournaments.
- Aston Villa have not won 8 of the last 10 matches
- Aston Villa have scored in 9 of the last 11 home matches
- Aston Villa have not lost 7 of the last 9 home matches
- Aston Villa have lost 3 of the last 4 matches
- Aston Villa have conceded in 4 of the last 5 matches
- Manchester United have not lost 13 of the last 15 matches
- In the last 4 away matches in a row Manchester United played, both teams scored
- Manchester United have scored in 13 of the last 15 matches
- Manchester United have scored in 9 of the last 10 away matches
- Manchester United have not lost 8 of the last 10 away matches
- Aston Villa have not won 37 of the last 39 matches versus Manchester United
- Aston Villa have not won the last 20 home matches versus Manchester United in a row
- Aston Villa have conceded in 19 of the last 20 home matches versus Manchester United
- Aston Villa have conceded in 18 of the last 19 matches versus Manchester United
- In 5 of the last 6 Aston Villa matches versus Manchester United the sum of goals was over 2.5
The standings of the top-scoring players in the last 6 matches in the Premier League show that Aston Villa might be relying on in-form Danny Ings when it comes to scoring in the upcoming match. On the other side, Marcus Rashford has been one of the decisive players from Manchester United recently. Both players are expected to be dangerous and difficult to stop this coming Sunday.
Match predictions: Aston Villa vs Manchester United
To sum up, the upcoming match between Aston Villa and Manchester United seems to be a good betting opportunity. Considering the above statements, we have come up with the main prediction for this game but also some alternative ones.