Chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed that Bayern Munich won’t be plotting anymore moves for Leroy Sane this year.
The Sane transfer saga came to an unexpected end last week, where City manager Pep Guardiola ruled him out for “six to seven months” after sustaining a knee injury in the club’s Community Shield win over Liverpool.
The Germany international has since travelled to Austria to undergo surgery by the hand of Professor Christian Fink.
Following Sane’s setback, Bayern quickly bounced back to sign Inter Milan’s Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona on season-long loan deals. Although the latter’s move isn’t complete yet.
Despite the new recruits at the Allianz Arena, however, German media have claimed Bayern could still pursue Sane this summer.
“No, guys. Everyone knows what a cruciate ligament tear means and what the downtime is,” said Rummenigge, according to SportsStar.
Jerome Boateng’s future, meanwhile, remains in doubt amid his struggles last season. Club President Uli Hoeness even revealed that he felt like “a foreign body” at the club and advised him “as a friend” to leave.
While Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain were allegedly interested, the 30-year-old is still at Bayern.
When asked about Boateng, though, Rummenigge said: “I cannot say anything conclusive today about that.
“The transfer market is open until September 2. And then we’ll see how the whole thing develops.”
Head coach Niko Kovac used Boateng frequently during pre-season and recently said the German remains “one of us”. Although he did leave the defender benched during Friday night’s 2-2 draw in Bayern’s Bundesliga opener against Hertha Berlin.
Dodi Lukebakio and Liverpool loanee Marko Grujic cancelled out Robert Lewandowski’s opening goal to give Hertha a surprise lead. However, the Pole struck again through a penalty after VAR had deemed Grujic fouled him in the area.