The Clark County District Attorney’s Office has issued a press release where it declines prosecuting a 10-year-old sexual assault allegation against Cristiano Ronaldo.
On Monday the Clark County District Attorney’s Office issued a press release saying it won’t prosecute Cristiano Ronaldo for a 10-year-old sexual assault allegation.
American model Kathryn Mayorga claimed the Juventus superstar raped her in a Las Vegas hotel room back in 2009.
The case is currently still alive at Federal Court level.
On June 13, 2009, a female victim (“V”) placed a call to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and reported that she had been the victim of sexual assault”, the press release said.
“Members of law enforcement responded to her location to take a crime report.”
The Clark Couty DA’s Officer explained: “Police transported V to the hospital so that a sexual assault examination could be conducted.”
“Although she knew who the person was who assaulted her, V refused to identify him or disclose where the crime occurred.”
“As a result, the police were unable to follow investigative protocols for sexual assault cases or to conduct any meaningful investigation,” the release read.
Clark County District Attorney’s Office said any video evidence showing them together and the evidence where the alleged rape happened was then lost because of the lack of information.
They have now refused to continue prosecuting this case.
— Clark County DA (@LasVegasDA) July 22, 2019