Despite a report from Spain claiming a deal to go to Saudi Arabia is done, CR7 says it isn’t true.
Cristiano Ronaldo has denied he has accepted an offer to join Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr after the World Cup.
In the past week, rumors linking Ronaldo with a move to Al Nassr have grown stronger. The second-placed Saudi Pro League side has offered the five-time Ballon d’Or winner around €200 million per season until June 2025, according to various reports.
Spanish outlet Marca, however, went one step further by claiming Ronaldo had accepted the two-and-a-half-year offer, which the player has now denied.
“No, it isn’t true,” Ronaldo said about the report after Portugal’s 6-1 World Cup win over Switzerland in the last 16 on Tuesday.
The World Cup is the priority
The 37-year-old forward is a free agent after mutually agreeing to end his contract with Manchester United last month.
However, until the end of the World Cup at least, Ronaldo is unlikely to decide on his next club. The former Real Madrid and Juventus attacker’s main priority is on helping Portugal win a first-ever World Cup title.
He made a 17-minute cameo in the 6-1 victory against Switzerland and is now preparing for Saturday’s quarter-final tie with Morocco. According to Bet365, the Selecao are the clear favorites to win the match. Betting on a Portugal win returns odds of 1.67 at the time of writing. This implies Ronaldo and the team have a 60% chance of progressing to the semi-finals.