The Portugal captain is a free agent after leaving Manchester United by mutual consent in November.
Al Nassr have made a transfer offer worth almost €200 million per season until 2025 to Cristiano Ronaldo.
That’s according to transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano, who added that Ronaldo has not signed or agreed to anything. The forward’s focus lies on Portugal’s World Cup campaign in Qatar, nothing else. So Al Nassr, like any other club, will have to wait for an answer.
Cristiano Ronaldo has received a formal proposal from Al Nassr, confirmed. 🚨🇸🇦 #Ronaldo
Almost €200m per season until 2025.
But… big part is sponsor deals, so it’s not clear yet if image rights can be agreed.
Nothing done/signed or decided.
Cristiano, focused on World Cup. pic.twitter.com/tVhgLhz92N
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) November 30, 2022
The nine-time Saudi Arabian champions’ offer comes over a week after Ronaldo mutually parted ways with Manchester United, mere days after his interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV.
In the interview, the 37-year-old confirmed he rejected a two-year offer from a Saudi Arabian club in the summer. He didn’t reveal which club it was, but he admitted the deal was worth around €300 million.
“It’s true, yes it’s true [offer from Saudi Arabia]… but what the press keeping saying, the garbage that nobody wants me, which is completely wrong,” Ronaldo said.
Last week, Saudi Arabia’s Sports Minister, Prince Abdulaziz bin Turki Al-Faisal, said he ‘would love’ to bring the five-time Ballon d’Or winner over to the Middle East, adding that ‘anything is possible’.
However, for the time being, Ronaldo’s priority is the World Cup. The attacker has scored one goal in two games so far to help Portugal reach the last 16 stage. He could make his 20th appearance in the tournament on Friday when the Group H leaders take on South Korea.