• News

Dummett ruled out for Everton match

Getty Images
Advertisement

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benítez has revealed that injured defender Paul Dummett will not make a return at Goodison Park on Wednesday.

Having sustained a hamstring injury on international duty with Wales, Dummett has missed Newcastle’s last two games.

Ahead of their trip to Everton, manager Rafa Benitez gave an update on the condition of the 27-year-old, saying a return to action is way too early.

“Dummett is still not ready – getting better, but not ready. (Isaac) Hayden also is not available, like (Karl) Darlow – they had the problem the last week,” Benitez told the club’s website.

“The other players are more or less – (Florian) Lejeune is training, (Jamie) Sterry is training, so everybody is training but we have two or three players who are not available and we have to make a decision later on about a couple of them.

“We said before, we don’t have another specific left fullback so it’s more important for us. Paul is a great professional, he’s always doing well, but if he’s not there we have to manage.

“We did well against Burnley but we have to manage these games and hopefully, the players that will play in his position will do well.”