Fabio Capello: “Real Madrid have €500m to spend this year”

Former Real Madrid boss Fabio Capello has been informed that the club will have a budget of €500m for this summer’s transfer window.

The Italian, who retired from coaching last year, managed Real across two separate spells and led the club to a La Liga crown in each one.

Nowadays, Capello is trying out his luck in punditry and has already given some stern views on Real’s struggles to cope without Cristiano Ronaldo in their ranks.

But it turns out Capello still maintains contact with his old club and has been informed of the budget current manager Zinedine Zidane will have for the upcoming transfer window.

“I was in Barcelona and I was told that this year Real Madrid have €500m to spend,” Capello told Sky Sport Italia.

“I asked, ‘Are you sure?’

“The answer was yes and that came from someone who knows a lot about Real Madrid.”

Florentino Perez, Real Madrid

Real Madrid must rediscover ‘hunger for success’, says Perez

President Florentino Perez demands that Real Madrid rediscover that "hunger for success" which led them to win everything in the past.

This revelation ties in with recent reports coming out of Spain that suggest Real president Florentino Perez will heavily back Zidane in a bid to do a massive overhaul of the squad.

The Spaniard’s actions come in light of a disastrous campaign, which has seen Real suffer an early Champions League exit and on course for no domestic silverware whatsoever.

Gareth Bale is expected to one of the stars shown the door this summer in a bid to help Real raise sufficient funds.

Another likely source of income for Los Blancos will be the expected sale of James Rodriguez, with Bayern Munich expected to take up their €42m buy option after having the Colombian on loan for the past two seasons.

On the other hand, Chelsea winger Eden Hazard and Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba have both been linked with big-money moves to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Tottenham playmaker Christian Eriksen has also been regularly touted as a potential long-term replacement for an ageing Luka Modric.

MADRID, SPAIN – MARCH 16: Scarves are seen for sale with an image of Zinedine Zidane, manager of Real Madrid on them prior to the La Liga match between Real Madrid CF and RC Celta de Vigo at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on March 16, 2019 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here