In another massive transfer blunder, FC Barcelona just let one of Japan’s biggest talents escape and sign a new contract for Real Madrid.
It’s time to talk about another transfer blunder that FC Barcelona made, we are talking about Takefuse Kubo’s recent transfer to Real Madrid.
This very talented winger is considered known as the Japanese ‘Messi’ in his country, he was spotted very early by the FC Barcelona scouts.
The player spent three years in the academy from 2011 to 2015, but he never received the respect he deserved.
Kubo quickly realized that he wasn’t going to make it to the reserves team, which is why he made the decision to start his senior career in Japan.
Kubo made his debut at FC Tokyo back in 2016, he was only 15 years old when he started.
You may be wondering why we are raving so much about Barcelona missing out on this player, his record on Barça Alevin during his first season might convince you.
The Japanese wonder kid scored an insane 74 goals in 30 matches during his first year at the club.
Kubo was affected by the club’s transfer ban and he couldn’t make his debut with the club because he wasn’t 18 yet.
This is what pushed the player to return to his country, where he has played for the last three seasons.
Barcelona had the chance to come after him this summer, but they declined the offer and Real Madrid was there to take the spoils.
OFICIAL. Takefusa Kubo, con pasado en La Masía del Barça, reforzará al Real Madrid Castilla. El club blanco reclutó a un talento juvenil que promete mucho: https://t.co/4C3PEEvYpG pic.twitter.com/VJEfRRWy4H
— Invictos (@InvictosSomos) June 14, 2019
Kubo lived a very difficult last year at Barcelona.
In an interview with Diario AS, the Japanese player spoke about the way in which he became a Barcelona player and how much he suffered during the last years.
“I saw a pamphlet that said: ‘If you become the best player at this camp, you will play a match with FC Barcelona’, I decided to join,” said the player.
“The camp was much longer than I anticipated. They took me to play that match with the club and I thought that would be my final experience with them.”
“But they told me that I could pass a test and I did. Everything went pretty well at the time. However, not everything was great in the end.”
“There was a time when I didn’t make the call-up lists and I had a terrible time. Although I couldn’t play, I always had to watch every single match.”
“I saw my teammates playing and winning, but I wasn’t happy. When I returned to Japan and I could play again, I felt really happy.”
“As far as football is concerned, I always want to remain at the top. I am focused on my next step in regards to my own future, and I always try to spend my efforts wisely.”
“I believe I have a big potential and I try to climb the ladder step by step.”
Si se confirma lo de Take Kubo al Real Madrid, para mí pasaría a ser el fiasco número 1 de esta junta. Gravísimo que te dejes robar así a un jugador que fue tuyo y que tenías controlado (o eso creías) tan de cerca.
Lo de Neymar, Griezmann y De Ligt al lado de esto no es nada pic.twitter.com/a4xVvxOW4J
— Toni Juanmarti (@tjuanmarti) June 14, 2019
Real Madrid has a new player for Castilla.
Kubo was just picked up by president Florentino Perez for his project at Real Madrid Castilla, the chairman is back with his aggressive overtaking of the transfer market.
Kubo is another one of the many FC Barcelona academy products that the Catalan club ignored, Real Madrid announced his arrival on Friday.
Meanwhile, the Japanese player is about to begin playing the Copa America in Brazil.
Kubo is part of the squad as one of the youngsters inside the team, and he will begin this tournament as an official Real Madrid player.
“Takefusa Kubo (04/06/2001, Kanagawa, Japan) will come in to strengthen the Castilla ranks next season,” announced Real Madrid on its official website.
“The top level of the Madridista academy are set to get their hands on one of the most promising youngsters in world football.”
“A technically gifted and hugely talented attacking midfielder, he possesses wonderful vision, quick feet and has an eye for goal.”
“At just 18 years of age, Kubo has already made his full Japan international debut (on the 9th of June against El Salvador).”
“The Asian star joins the Whites from FC Tokyo, in Japan’s First Division, where he has made 13 appearances in the league in 2019 (4 goals) and 3 in the League Cup (1 goal).”
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) June 14, 2019
What do you think about FC Barcelona’s latest transfer blunder with Kubo? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.