FIFA 20 is set to announce the Team of the Year nominations and Ronaldo.com takes a look at how things will be done by the EA giants this time around.
It’s always great to play FIFA online either on Xbox or PS. However, the FIFA 20 edition has been a real banger in more ways than one. The game’s overall mechanics are simply on point and the way you can control the overall gameplay has really gotten us buzzed about how far AI has come.
Later today, FIFA will be releasing the Team of the Year for 2019 and this time around, things would be very different.
EA Sports’ FIFA 20 Twitter page revealed that fans will now be a part of the overall Team of the Year awards which is something that has never been done before.
“For the first time, you can have your say on who makes the FIFA 20 Team of the Year,” EA explains.
“Choose the Ultimate XI from the squad of 55 players who lit up the world of football in 2019 and your vote will count towards the final FIFA 20 Team of the Year.”
“The final Team of the Year will be announced in January, when special TOTY Player Items will be released in FUT Packs for a limited time in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team.”
So how do we predict which players will make the cut?
In all honesty, the list will be dominated by Liverpool players following the Reds’ Champions League triumph. At full back, expect Andy Robertson to stake a claim while the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Firmino might also be in the starting XI.
Jan Oblak was reliable throughout 2019 and the Slovak is expected to be in the list too.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Kevin de Bruyne were in great form as well so this one could be a tough one to call.
FIFA 20 TEAM OF THE YEAR NOMINATIONS
• Jan Oblak – Atletico de Madrid
• Marc-Andre ter Stegen – FC Barcelona
• Alisson Ramses Becker – Liverpool
• Ederson Santana de Moraes – Manchester City
• Andre Onana – Ajax
• Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool
• Sergio Ramos Garcia – Real Madrid
• Kalidou Koulibaly – Napoli
• Milan Skriniar – Inter
• Mats Hummels – Borussia Dortmund
• Thiago Silva – Paris Saint-Germain
• Jordi Alba Ramos – FC Barcelona
• Aymeric Laporte – Manchester City
• Jan Vertonghen – Tottenham Hotspur
• Marcos Aoas Correa – Paris Saint-Germain
• Joshua Kimmich – Bayern München
• Matthijs de Ligt – Piemonte Calcio
• Andrew Robertson – Liverpool
• Leonardo Bonucci – Piemonte Calcio
• Alex Sandro Lobo Silva – Piemonte Calcio
• Jose Maria Gimenez – Atletico de Madrid
• Trent Alexander-Arnold – Liverpool
• Nicolas Tagliafico – Ajax
• Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
• N’Golo Kante – Chelsea
• Marco Reus – Borussia Dortmund
• David Josue Jimenez Silva – Manchester City
• Christian Eriksen – Tottenham Hotspur
• Marco Verratti – Paris Saint-Germain
• Luca Modric – Real Madrid
• Kai Havertz – Bayer 04 Leverkusen
• Paulo Dybala – Piemonte Calcio
• Frenkie de Jong – FC Barcelona
• Georginio Wijnaldum – Liverpool
• Fabio Henrique Tavares – Liverpool
• Hakim Ziyech – Ajax
• Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund
Quite clearly, FIFA 20 Team of the Year nominations would be an interesting one this time around with fans expected to be a little bit biased when it comes to putting in their nominations.
And who’s to blame them?