Barcelona nor any other team have made any offers yet for Luka Jovic, says Eintracht Frankfurt supervisory board chairman Wolfgang Steubing.
In his second season on loan from Portuguese side Benfica, Jovic has been in sparkling form for Frankfurt and his tally of 15 goals in 24 Bundesliga games has been bettered by only Robert Lewandowski.
The 21-year-old striker has also made a bit of a name for himself in the Europa League, where his seven goals have helped Frankfurt reach the quarter-finals of the competition.
In light of his stunning progress in Germany, the Eagles have agreed to sign Jovic permanently at the end of the season for a reported fee of €7m and could then sell him this summer for a transfer fee in the region of €65 to €70m.
And there appears to be plenty of strong interest for Jovic, with Barcelona directors Ramon Planes and Eric Abidal allegedly in the stands at the San Siro last week as the Serbian’s fifth-minute goal secured Frankfurt a 1-0 Europa League win against Inter Milan.
Reports have since intensified that Barcelona are plotting a €50m bid for Jovic, who they view as an ideal long-term replacement for Luis Suarez.
But, in a panel discussion earlier today, Steubing announced that Frankfurt are yet to receive any offers for the highly-rated Jovic.
“The numbers that are rampant across social media are not yet on our table,” said Steubing, according to Fox Sports.
“There is definitely no offer. But maybe that will happen.”
Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich have also been linked with a summer move for Jovic as they look to bring in some young fresh talent into their ageing squad.
President Uli Hoeness announced on Wednesday that the German giants will embark on their biggest ever spending spree and they’ve allegedly now reignited their interest in sealing an €80m transfer for Atletico Madrid’s Lucas Hernandez.