The Portuguese superstar’s future has remained undecided ahead of the new season.
Manchester United legend Gary Neville has called on Cristiano Ronaldo to publicly announce his decision over a possible move away from Old Trafford.
The Portuguese superstar has reportedly told the club to allow his exit earlier this summer.
His agent, Jorge Mendes, has struggled to reach an agreement with another club. However, that has not convinced CR7 to stop pursuing a departure from the Red Devils.
Neville believes Ronaldo must clarify his position in Erik ten Hag’s plans for his first season at the club.
“If he’s fit you start him and I hope he stays,” Neville said on Sky Sports’ Friday Night Football.
“I’m a little bit disappointed in him.
“I’m disappointed, to be fair, he’s letting the manager go into those press conferences.
“Cristiano now is a good age, he’s been the greatest player in the world alongside [Lionel] Messi for the last 10 years.
“He’s got all the experience in the world. Would it be too much to ask him to do an interview to clear things up and what he’s thinking?
“Would that be too much to ask a senior player? Is he not going to do an interview for the next three weeks or after the game on Sunday?
“We’re going to ask for him, is he going to come up, stand up, do the interview and not let people do the speaking for him.
“I think that’s the thing that would be a stat. For me, I’m disappointed because the clarity we haven’t got.”
Ten Hag’s side will open their Premier League campaign with a match against Brighton this weekend.