Enrico Preziosi has ruled out a January exit for Genoa’s star striker Krzysztof Piatek
The 23-year-old has proved to be a revelation over at Genoa following his summer arrival from Polish club Cracovia for a reported fee of just €4m.
Since then, Piatek has scored 13 goals in 19 Serie A games and sits behind only Cristiano Ronaldo, who cost Juventus €112m, at the top of the scoring charts.
The Poland international’s instant impact at Genoa has earned him plenty of interest from the likes of Serie A giants Napoli.
But Genoa president Preziosi expects to hold on to his star player until the end of the season at the earliest.
“No-one will move until June,” Preziosi told Il Secolo XIX, via Football-Italia.
“We need [Christian] Kouame, Piatek and [Gaston] Ramirez. So far there’s been a lot of talk, but no offers have arrived.”
Piatek himself only plans to keep the goals coming in for Genoa and finish as the Serie A’s top scorer.
“I’m thinking about scoring in every game and I want to be top scorer at the end of the season, not just now,” said Piatek.
“I have to believe I’m capable of that. I’m a striker, so I must have faith in my ability and think I can go as far as possible.
Genoa, who are 14th in the Serie A with 20 points, will return to action on January 21 at home to AC Milan.