Antoine Griezmann has refused to clarify his future plans today with France’s World Cup campaign now just four days away

The France international has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona for this summer’s transfer window after another impressive season with Atletico Madrid.

Griezmann scored 19 league goals and added nine assists in his 32 appearances as Atletico finished in second place in La Liga and above city rivals Real Madrid.

The 27-year-old also fired Atletico to Europa League glory with a brace in their 3-0 win over Marseille at Lyon in last month’s final.

Following that victory, Griezmann has become indecisive over his future and is now torn between sealing a move to Barcelona or remaining loyal to Atletico.

Diego Simeone, Atletico Madrid

Simeone addresses the fans whistling Koke

Since moving to Wanda Metropolitano, Atletico Madrid set big expectations as they look to win the league for the first time since 2014. Simeone's men...

Speaking after France’s 1-1 friendly draw with the United States on Saturday, Griezmann revealed that he intends to stick to his original aim of concluding his future before the start of the World Cup.

“There’s a week to go [until the World Cup]. I think we will find out this week,” he said.

However, three days later and the Frenchman still has no answer.

“I apologise. I am very sorry, but I will not be revealing my decision today. I know that many of you were waiting for that. However, today is not the day for that,” said Griezmann, according to ESPN.

The forward’s €100m release clause at Atletico will become active on July 1, although it is understood that the club have offered him a new deal that will see him earn a reported €23m a year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here