Eden Hazard and Antoine Griezmann are the latest big names to join the shortlist for the 2018 Ballon d’Or
Earlier today it was announced that five-time winner Cristiano Ronaldo will be in the running for a third successive award after scoring 44 goals in 44 games in all competitions in his final season at Real Madrid.
Now France Football have revealed that the likes of Hazard and Griezmann will be rivalling the Juventus forward for football’s biggest individual honour.
Hazard impressed at the World Cup for Belgium and has had a superb start to the new season at Chelsea with seven goals and three assists in eight Premier League appearances.
Meanwhile, World Cup winner Griezmann is determined to win the Ballon d’Or and recently revealed that he sees himself on the same level as five-time winners Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Also nominated is Tottenham striker Harry Kane along with Chelsea and Real Madrid midfielders N’Golo Kante and Isco respectively.
2018 Ballon d’Or nominees:
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City and Argentina)
- Alisson (Roma/Liverpool and Brazil)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid and Wales)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid and France)
- Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain and Uruguay)
- Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea/Real Madrid and Belgium)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Juventus and Portugal)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City and Belgium)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool and Brazil)
- Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid and Uruguay)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid and France)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea and Belgium)
- Isco (Real Madrid and Spain)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur and England)
- N’golo Kante (Chelsea and France)
Griezmann, Hazard, Isco, Kane, Kanté : Focus sur les cinq nouveaux nommés pour le Ballon d'Or France Football 2018 https://t.co/ThNl2FqKfi
— #ballondor (@francefootball) October 8, 2018