Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus face top-four rivals AC Milan in Serie A for what could be a critical match for their Champions League hopes.
Only a victory will do as top-four rivals Juventus and AC Milan lock horns for a blockbuster clash in Turin.
Both sides enter the showdown level on 69 points each in the Serie A table. With Napoli having defeated Spezia 4-1 to move temporarily ahead of Atalanta into second-place, Juventus now hold the last top-four spot because of a superior goal difference compared to Milan.
So with the risk of no Champions League football for next season, another cagey affair could be on the cards as the two Italian giants look to avoid defeat and nick a crucial win at the same time.
Juventus Form & Stats
Cristiano Ronaldo’s late brace sealed a 2-1 comeback win over Udinese last weekend. The forward has now scored over one goal in a match on nine separate occasions in Serie A this season. He is also six goals clear of Dusan Vlahovic and Romelu Lukaku at the top of the Capocannoniere battle.
Juventus will now hope their star man is in top form again for the Milan showdown. With their top-four hopes on the line, along with manager Andrea Pirlo’s future, defeat is not an option.
Despite their patchy form this season, though, the Bianconeri have the second-best home record in Serie A. They’ve won 13 of their 17 games in Turin (D2 L2) to bag 41 points and beaten Milan in each of their last nine home league matches.
Key Team Stats
- Won each of their last 9 home games against AC Milan in Serie A.
- Won 15 of their last 19 games against AC Milan in Serie A (D1 L3).
- Scored at least 2 goals in 13 of their 17 home games in Serie A.
- BTTS in 9 of their last 11 games in all competitions.
- Conceded the first goal in their last 4 games in Serie A.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more than 1 goal in 9 matches in Serie A this season. He last registered more in a single campaign in 2014/15 (12).
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 4 goals in 6 games against AC Milan for Juventus in all competitions.
AC Milan Form & Stats
After back-to-back defeats, Milan returned to winning ways last weekend by beating relegation strugglers Benevento 2-0. Hakan Calhanoglu and Theo Hernandez scored the goals.
The victory was a badly needed boost for Stefano Pioli’s men, who have struggled for form in 2021. In fact, they’ve lost five times in 11 home league games this year, including a 3-1 defeat to Juventus on January 6. It’s knocked them out of the top four and left hopes of ending an eight-year absence from the Champions League in doubt.
That said, Milan have been exceptional on the road. The Rossoneri have the league’s best away record with 13 wins in 16 games (D1 L2) and welcomed back top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic from injury last weekend.
Key Team Stats
- Won 4 of their last 5 away games in Serie A (L1).
- BTTS in 5 of their last 7 games in Serie A.
- Over 2.5 goals scored in their last 3 away games in Serie A.
- At least 1 first-half goal scored in 82% of their 34 games in Serie A.
- A penalty has been awarded in 5 of their last 10 games against Juventus.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has only scored 2 goals in 11 games against Juventus in all competitions.
Out: Samu Castillejo.
(Note: The image will change to the official XI once they’re both announced)
Top Goalscorers in Serie A
Below are some head-to-head stats on each team’s recent form in Serie A.