Jürgen Klopp has warned his side not to be complacent when they face a rejuvenated Porto side on Wednesday night.
The Reds are in control of the tie having brushed aside the Portuguese team with a 2-0 win at Anfield last week, thanks to Keita and Firmino.
However, Klopp is anticipating another difficult meeting at Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday night despite their 5-0 mauling of the Portuguese powerhouse last season.
Preparing for Porto. 👊 pic.twitter.com/kjVEkw2Yc8
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 16, 2019
On the other hand, he promised the Reds won’t allow complacency to creep in irrespective of their lead.
“It’s clear, 2-0, what would we do? That’s the simplest question to ask: we would go for everything,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.
“If we were 2-0 down and going into the home leg, would we think we were out? No way. That’s exactly what Porto are thinking.
“They always have a high intense game in the highest intense atmosphere. From the first kick they will go with a clear direction.
“We can compare it a little bit to the City game last year when we were 3-0 up and everybody thought, ‘halfway through’ or whatever.
“We go there to win the game, that’s the plan. It’s not easy, we know that, but we should not think about anything else because that’s always the aim.”
The Portuguese side will welcome back Pepe and Herrera from suspension and Klopp hinted it would give them another approach.
— Pepe (@officialpepe) April 13, 2019
“Pepe and Herrera are coming back, key players for them – centre-half and No.6 or No.8 back is massive for them. Militao can play right full-back, which changes a lot for them. That will be a different animal, 100 per cent,” he said.
“But we made our own experiences in the Champions League; we’ll try to use the result, go there confident. We are in a good moment, we want to play football and we want to fight hard.
“If you want to go to the semis, you have to fight with all you have and that’s what we will try.”