At last! Luka Modric has finally broken his silence regarding rumours of a switch to Inter Milan
The Croatia captain has spent the past six years at Real Madrid following his £30m arrival from Tottenham Hotspur in 2012.
Since then, Modric has developed into one of the finest central midfielders around and played a key role in Real’s four Champions League titles over the past five seasons.
And, on the back of winning the Golden Ball award at the 2018 World Cup, there is a great amount of interest from rival clubs for Modric.
Due to Juventus having captured Cristiano Ronaldo for €112m, Inter made it clear that they were intent on signing Modric this summer in order to aid their pursuit of a first Serie A crown since 2010.
Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport claimed that Modric had reportedly told FIFA that he instigated the contact with Inter Milan after Real had officially filed a complaint against the Italian side to the football governing body.
But now the 32-year-old has spoken publicly on the matter for the first time.
“This is the most stupid thing in history!!!” wrote Modric in the comments section on Instagram.
The Serie A transfer window shut on Friday last week meaning that there will be no move to Italy for Modric now.
Watch out, Luka Modric has just commented as “the biggest nonsense in the history” the news that he has said Fifa that it was himself to have contacted Inter pic.twitter.com/M1wYhoZxlr
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) August 20, 2018