Kylian Mbappe leads the way for the 10-man shortlist of the inaugural Kopa Trophy
The Paris Saint-Germain and France superstar will compete with the likes of AS Roma’s Justin Kluivert and AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma.
France Football magazine, who also oversees the Ballon d’Or award, has announced a 10-man shortlist for the world’s best U-21 player.
The judges for the prize will consist of five-time Ballon d’Or winners Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi along with former recipients Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho and Bobby Charlton.
10-man shortlist for Kopa Trophy
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG/France)
- Justin Kluivert (Roma/Holland)
- Houssem Aouar (Lyon/France)
- Patrick Cutrone (AC Milan/Italy)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/Italy)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool/England)
- Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/USA)
- Amadou Haidara (RB Salzburg/Mali)
- Ritsu Doan (Groningen/Japan)
- Rodrygo Goes of Santos (Santos/Brazil)