The Sevilla Director of Football Oscar Arias spoke of his satisfaction of the club’s winter business during the club presentation of their three new signings
Newly signed Miguel Layun, Roque Mesa and Sandro were officially presented as Sevilla player’s on Thursday and, while attending the presentation himself, Arias took the opportunity to speak of his satisfaction with the signings.
“We’re quite satisfied with the additions and with the market in general. We had set some objectives with regards to covering positions, once the coach had had enough time to evaluate the team and get a feel of what was needed. We have made incorporation’s in those positions with high-level players and covering the specified expectations. We’ll see how their performances are but we’re naturally completely satisfied. We set ourselves some aims and within them there were different profiles. We are happy with the ones who have come here, they’re all wanted players that we’ve been trying to get for a while”. Arias said, according to the Sevilla FC website.
“Shortcomings were not as many as it seemed. The problem that the team had was separate. In the last five games, since Montella took over the team, we’re seeing a version of Sevilla FC that fits much more with what we all expect. It does not have as many shortcomings as it seemed, but we’re getting it right in taking hold of the game. With the change of coach the model has changed, as well as the needs and the profile of a player. Those needs have been met in this market”.
On Sandro’s situation, Arias explained to the press:
“He comes without a buy clause but we have an agreement to sit down and negotiate to open a way if we want to”.
There had been rumors that the club had interfered with another transfer regarding Layun, Arias responded:
“The market is open for everybody. We didn’t just become interested. He couldn’t come in the summer and now the terms were right. He has already said he is where he wants to be and we have brought in players we wanted”.