Mauricio Pochettino has rubbished talk that he is about the walkout on Tottenham Hotspurs.
There was speculation earlier today, that something was going on at Tottenham.
Two large bookmakers stopped taking bets on Mauricio Pochettino not being the Lillywhites manager by September.
With it being August 30th already, that meant he was leaving after this weekends North London derby against Arsenal.
According to the Daily Mail, he not only refuted the talk of him quitting, but he was also quite angry about it too.
When asked at his Friday press conference, he said:
“I’m not going to walk out after the north London derby.”
“I will be here Monday and Tuesday. Then my plan is to travel but I don’t tell you where.”
“On Friday I will be back in London for a meeting with Daniel and at the weekend maybe I will watch some national teams live and on Monday I prepare the week.”
“I’m not going to walk away. I’m not the type of person to send a message through social media.”
“It’s a stupid rumour which had been designed to create a big problem that doesn’t exist.”
“After five years we are starting the sixth and we worked have worked hard in the summer to rebuild and update the squad.”
“What is most important is that we care about the club and together try to deliver the best for the club.”
This has perhaps been a summer that has seen Pochettino get mostly what he wanted from Daniel Levy.
It would have been bizarre for him to walk away after a transfer window that has seen him finally get the opportunity to acquire some of the players he has been desiring.
The only headache that appears on the horizon is that of offloading players that don’t want to be there. The Likes of Christian Eriksen, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen.
As Pochettino has said in the past, anything on the business side of transfers is not his business and usually, a task handled by Chairman Daniel Levy.