Cristiano Ronaldo managed to establish yet another record after his brace against Sweden in the Nations League.
Another game, another achievement for Cristiano Ronaldo. His eagerness to score goals and win games just keep on ascending as he turned 35 this year.
Here are 11 astonishing figures about Ronaldo as per Planet Football:
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now the first European player to reach 100 goals in an international career. He moved on to 101 after his 2 goals versus Sweden.
- Ronaldo lacks 9 goals to equal the tally of Ali Daei, who has the world record for scoring most international goals for Iran (109).
- Top goalscorers Thierry Henry (51) for France and Robin van Persie (50) for the Netherlands together add up to a total of 101, Ronaldo’s total.
- The second and the third leading goalscorers from Portugal, Pauleta, and Eusebio have 13 fewer goals combined than Ronaldo.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has bagged 49 goals in 47 games for his national team since he turned 33.
- The Portuguese superstar has joined an elite club of goalscorers who have scored 700 goals in their career. The other five are Pele, Romario, Josef Bican, Ferenc Puskas, and Gerd Muller.
- Ronaldo has scored the most amount of goals for Juventus in a single season. He accomplished 37 goals for the season 2019-20.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has become the oldest player to score past 30 goals in one of the finest leagues in Europe at the age of 35 years and 166 days. The last man to do it was Ronnie Rooke in 1948 for Arsenal.
- On his 61st game for Juve, Ronaldo surpassed 50 goals to become the first player to do so in the club and the second-fastest in the history of football.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to set foot on 50 goals in the Premier League, La Liga, and Serie A.
- Ronaldo has become the first player to score goals in double figures 15 times in succession.