The Portuguese superstar joined Al Nassr after leaving Manchester United as a free agent.
Cristiano Ronaldo insists he turned down many offers to choose Al Nassr as his next club.
Following a difficult start to the new season under Erik ten Hag, Ronaldo ended his spell at Manchester United with an explosive interview in November.
Reports started emerging of Ronaldo’s interest in continuing his career in Europe. But links with Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Sporting CP led to no offers, with Ronaldo officially joining Al Nassr last week.
Speaking at his unveiling on Tuesday, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner said: “In Europe, my work is done. I won everything. I played for the most important clubs in Europe. For me now it’s a new challenge,” he said.
“For me, this is a great opportunity not only in football but also to change the mentality of the new generation.
Ronaldo becomes the highest-paid footballer in the world, earning £173m a year at Al Nassr. The Saudi side are planning to keep him as a club ambassador after his playing spell.
He added: “I know what I want, this is a good chance to help to grow many important points. I really don’t worry about what people say, I am really, really happy to be here.
“I know the league is very competitive, I saw many games, I hope to play after tomorrow if the coach thinks there’s a chance. I’m ready to keep playing football.
“I’m a unique player, it’s good to come here. I beat all the records there, I want to beat a few records here. This contract is unique but I’m a unique player, so for me it’s normal.”