Salah’s racist abuse evidence handed over to police

West Ham United have submitted findings from an investigation into an alleged racist abuse directed towards Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah to the Metropolitan Police.

Salah was the subject of racial and derogatory remarks to his Muslim faith from a supporter at London Stadium both teams settled for a stalemate in the tie.

The abuse was loud on mobile phone footage, captured from the West Ham end, of Salah talking a corner, which later went viral on social media.

West Ham announced an internal investigation into the incident on Wednesday and have moved quickly to involve the authorities.

“After a thorough and immediate investigation following the abhorrent racist abuse aimed at Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah on Monday night, West Ham United can confirm that it has handed evidence to the Metropolitan Police,” a club statement read.

Diop doesn’t want to use West Ham as a springboard

According to Issa Diop, his love for the Hammers goes farther than just his current contract and he really wishes he could be successful there.

“The club is unequivocal in its stance – such abuse will not be tolerated. There is no place or excuse for this kind of behaviour.”

Speaking at a news conference earlier on Thursday, West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini affirmed a swift punishment should be meted out to any fan found guilty of racially abusing players.

“Of course, I think that cannot happen in the stadium,” he said. “The best way to manage those things out of the game is to remove them from the great spectacle that is the Premier League.

“We must have high standards and when this happens, you must take action. The club knows how to work and says it cannot accept this kind of things in the game.

“It was a very good game and everybody was enjoying the game, so these people must be punished as soon as we can.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here