Find out who the best football players in the world are for 2019. Are your favorites included and how can knowing this help with sports betting?
Picking the best football players in the world has to be the toughest thing ever, and everyone will have their own preferences. Still, we had fun taking a look at the best footballers around the world for 2019. Are your favorites among them? Famous names like Ronaldo, Ramos, Messi, and Zidane, have popped up time and time again but will they feature this year? In this article we are going to look at the top 10. Many of them play for the Premier League and if you like to place wagers on football matches, knowing which players standout makes it even easier to win some money too – especially when it comes to first scorer bets.
10 best football players in 2019
Below are the 10 top football players for 2019 starting with number ten and counting down to the best in the world.
- Eden Hazard: Hazard plays for Chelsea and is a name most are familiar with. The Belgian performed brilliantly last season. He has 16 goals and 11 assists to his name and is a player Real Madrid have their sights set on.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: This Swedish player affectionately named Ibra by his fans has won league titles in Holland, Italy, Spain, and France with six different clubs. He is one of Sweden’s top stars. He has won their Golden Ball award for best soccer player eleven times. He players for Manchester United in forward position.
- Gareth Bale: This Welsh player is known for his speed and skill as an attacker. He has proven himself time and time again at scoring from a distance. His standout moments to date include his amazing performance against Atletico Madrid in the 2016 UEFA Champions League title game and the goal he scored against Barcelona during the 2014 Copa del Rey final. He plays for Wales and Real Madrid.
- Manuel Neuer: He is the best goalkeeper in the world and fantastic in one-on-one situations. He led Germany to victory in the 2014 World Cup where they beat Argentina. He plays for Germany and Bayern Munich.
- Luis Suarez: Suarez is a rather controversial player, but his brilliance tends to keep him at the top. His best season 2015/16 when he played for Liverpool. Since then the Uruguayan striker seems to have struggled. He is the second top goal scorer for the league and many fans will say he is the best striker in the world.
- Neymar: Taking the fifth spot on the list is Brazilian Neymar. He suffered an injury and missed the Champions League tie match against Manchester United. Despite injury and missing a great deal of the season, many fans think he is the one to succeed Messi and Ronaldo.
- Raheem Sterling: He has scored 15 goals and 11 assists in the Premier League this season and this has made him a household name. Playing for England he also scored a hat trick against the Czech Republic in a European Qualifier match.
- Kylian Mbappe: This young player already has a World Cup under his belt, and we can see him being listed as the best player in the world if he continues to play the way he has been. He has played spectacularly well in Ligue 1 scoring 26 goals in 23 games for the French League.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Ronaldo takes second place on our list. He joined Juventus at the end of the last season, and there is a lot of pressure on him to take the Italian side to victory in the Champions League. He is a contender for the top goalscorer award in Serie A as well as being the top assist provider in the Italian league.
- Lionel Messi: The contention between Messi and Ronaldo is a tough one, but given the current form of the two we think Messi takes the number one spot for best player in the world for 2019. He has scored almost 40 goals for Barcelona already this season and been responsible for nearly 20 assists. Looking at his stats for this season we could see Messi winning the Ballon d’Or next year.
Betting on your favorite football stars
As you can see, the big names haven’t changed that much from last year and if you are a big football fan and like to get in on the action and place wagers knowing who the top players are can really help. Online sports betting is a massive industry and there are markets for everything. You can bet on top goal scorer, 4th goal scorer, hat-trick scorers and much more depending on the sportsbook. You can even place bets on the Ballon d’OR and the earlier you place your wager the better odds you get. Any soccer fans who are looking for websites to wager on will find a great deal of choice and many offer free bets and special football bonuses too. In Play markets are also available and these let you watch the action live and place wagers as the game plays out. The odds change according to what is happening and this is a great way to pocket some extra cash. Whether you want to bet on the Premier League, Champions League, or international games, you’ll find them all and much more and your website has all the latest football news.
The most popular football betting types
- Handicap: This is similar to predicting what you think the result of the game will be but each team is given a handicap to even things out a bit. A negative number or handicap is applied to the favorite and the underdog gets a positive number added to their odds. Soccer tends to be a lot lower on scores compared to the likes of NFL or NBA and therefore the handicap applied is usually lower than what you will see on other sports. In order to win your bet, the favorite must win by more than the handicap and the underdogs would have to win the match or lose it by less than the handicap applied.
- Totals: Totals markets are great and it’s where you bet on the amount of goals that will be scored over or under a number that is given by the online bookmaker. These bet types are often called over/under. Be aware that they are usually a combination of all the goals scored in a game by both teams, although there are individual markets available for each team too as well as total bets on different parts of the game such as number of goals at the end of the first half.
- 1×2: This is where you bet on the outcome of a particular match. A win is identified by the number 1, a draw by the X, and an away win is the 2.
Of course, there are countless other betting types that will allow you to make the game a little more interesting to watch, especially when your favorite footballers are on the pitch.