Thorgan Hazard has confirmed plans to join Borussia Dortmund in the summer and is now waiting for an agreement from Borussia Monchengladbach.
The younger brother of Chelsea star Eden has become one of Europe’s most wanted players in light of his strong displays in the Bundesliga in the last five years.
Over two weeks ago, Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl confirmed that Hazard had informed him of his wish to leave the club.
The 26-year-old had been linked with a move to Liverpool in the summer transfer window. While Atletico Madrid and AS Roma were also reportedly interested.
More recently, however, German sports magazine Kicker announced that Dortmund were the favourites to land the Hazard’s signature.
And now the ex-Chelsea winger himself has confirmed a move to Signal Iduna Park is the plan. But it cannot be officially confirmed yet as Dortmund and Gladbach must find an agreement for a transfer fee.
Hazard, who has no release clause on his contract that will expire next year, is valued at €45m.
When questioned on whether Dortmund are whom he plans to join, Hazard told VTM Nieuws: “Yes, that’s the club.
“I have already spoken to that club. It’s up to the clubs to come to an agreement. I now leave everything to my father [his agent] and the clubs.
“I’ve already said I would like to take a new step in my career. I want to discover something new.
“We now have to wait for an agreement between the clubs. That takes time. That’s how it goes with negotiations.”
Hazard has managed 12 goals and 11 assists in 32 appearances for Gladbach this season.
Dieter Hecking’s side lost 1-0 at VfB Stuggart on Saturday afternoon, which saw them lose precious points in the battle for a Bundesliga top-four spot.
Currently, Gladbach are fifth in the standings and three points behind fourth-place Eintracht Frankfurt ahead of the final three games.